In Mexico, specifically in the state of Jalisco, last October, from 27 to 30, the first edition of Puerto Vallarta by UTMB took place, part of the new UTMB World Series
Although 2021 was a tough year because of the pandemic, we could achieve many of the goals we set in 2020. We were fortunate to keep the flowing of donations, which allowed us to support more athletes and help them go to the most important competitions in Mexico.
We supported 6 athletes with a large sum of sponsorship and 17 athletes received some kind of support, such as race fees, apparel, accommodation, transportation, management, and publicity.
We took part in 8 events in 6 different Mexican states. All the events were part of world series or international affiliations. Such as the Backyard Ultra World Championship, Golden Trail International Series, and Triathlon World Series.
See our summary below and contact us for any inquiries or clarifications. Our labor wouldn’t have been possible without the generous donations of individuals from the US and Mexico. Thank you.
Volunteer Corporate Directors:
- Diana Garcia, Public Relations & Creativity
- Fahad Hizam, Business Development
- Eddi Perez, Athletic Director
- Rosalino Meneses, Athlete Relation Manager
- Hernan Luis, Indigenous Community Liaison
Know more about the directors and staff, click here
Athletes who received direct financial support in 2021:
- Octaviano Robles, Oaxaca de Juarez
- Rafael Fierro, Santiaguito Etla
- Rocio Toledo, Juchitan
- Rosalino Meneses, La Raya Zimatlan
- Felipe Arellanes, Cuixtla Miahuatlan
- Roque Luis, San Pablo Güilá
Know more about the athletes, click here
Athletic competitions where we participated in 2021:
- Veracruz Marathon, Veracruz, December, 2 Athletes
- Crossing in the Sierras, Mexico State, September, 1 Athlete
- Tepec Trail by UTMX, Hidalgo, August, 7 Athletes
- Ultra Coahuila Garmin, Coahuila, June, 1 Athlete
- AsTri Huatulco Triathlon, Oaxaca, June, 7 Athletes
- El Chico Mountain Race, Hidalgo, June, 2 Athletes
- Backyard Ultra Mexico, Coahuila, May, 2 Athletes
- Ultra Trail Cerro Rojo, Puebla, April, 3 Athletes
Know more about the events, click here
2021 Goals and Achievements
- Support Oaxacan athletes to go to national athletic competitions.
- 8 national and international competitions in 6 States.
- Support variety of Oaxacan athletes.
- 17 Athletes from different regions of Oaxaca and different sports disciplines received direct and indirect financial support.
- Receive donation from multiple individuals.
- 5 individuals donated money to support the athletes and the operations.
- Promote Oaxacan athletes in many medial channels.
- National coverage in print, online, and social media.
- Support more Oaxacan athletes
- Participate in more local events
- Reach to extended Oaxacan communities
- Support Oaxacan athletes to go to events in the US
- Receive public and corporate grants
- Offer sponsored training camps
We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity based in Texas. We support local athletes from the small communities of Oaxaca, Mexico. Your support help us provide training, education, and sport activities. Please support our charity by donating directly through PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/4512289
For collaboration, sponsorship, grants, donations, media, please contact us.
Oax Sport Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations to Oax Sport Inc. are considered tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. To obtain a copy of our IRS designation letter, please contact us. Our tax identification number is 86-3407818.
Images from 2021 Competitions
2021 Media Coverage