Age: 27 years
Hometown: La Raya, Zimatlán de Álvarez, Oaxaca
Occupation: Physiotherapist at CITFRO Terapia Física, Oaxaca
Education: Bachelor of Physical Therapy, UABJO
Team: Ōkami Meneses Atlético De Oaxaca
Athletic Specialties: Half Marathon and Trail Running
Best Sporting achievements:
- 1st Place Marathon International CDMX
- 1st Place 135 kms, Ultra Trail Oaxaca-Puerto Escondido
- 1st Place 15 kms Volcán, IZTACCIHUATL
- 3rd Place Backyard Ultra, Saltillo Coahuila
- 1st Place Half Marathon Rock n Roll Oaxaca
Best Races 2020:
- 1st Place Pescado de Moctezuma
- 1st Place Triple Corona, IZTACCIHUATL
Best Races 2021:
- Ultra Trail Cerro Rojo Puebla, 50kms
- Backyard Ultra, Saltillo Coahuila
- Ultra Trail El Chico Mountain Race Pachuca, 35 kms
- Ultra Trail Tepec Huasca de Ocampo Pachuca, 42kms
- Ultra trail Garmin, Saltillo Coahuila, 50 kms
Best Races 2022:
- Huatulco Duathlon
- Cerro Negro
Planned Races for 2023:
- Backyard Ultra
- Mexico City Marathon
- Huatulco Duathlon
In His Words
How was your start in athletics?
I was a little overweight, it was that one day I decided to go jogging and run 1 or 2 hours a day, without knowing the distances I covered. One day a friend invited me to a race and for my first participation it was excellent. It was when I discovered that with more effort and discipline something better could be achieved.
What do you like about athletics?
Mainly meeting new friends places. It is an individual sport that I can practice when I can and at the time I want.
Tell us your best memory of your sports career
Winning the 2015 Mexico City International Marathon, entering the CU Olympic Stadium, full of people, and knowing that I was in 1st place in my category and with a new record, was an indescribable feeling.
Give better results in each training and competition.
What is your 2023 goal?
Keep improving my own records and be more consistent and disciplined.
Running and going out for a bike ride.
3 priorities in my life:
- My job
- My family
- Sport and my friends
5 words that best describe you as an athlete