On December 4 in Boca del Río, Veracruz, the Second Edition of the Marathon took place. And Oax Sport, could not miss this National Level competition, it is the second time that it supports local athletes.
We received our IRS classification as a 501(c)3 public charity at the beginning of the year. This classification will change many of our operations and the way we manage the nonprofit. We spent the first half of the year planning and implementing these changes. We can apply for national grants as a 501(c)3 public charity. We received grants from Microsoft and Google in the way of in-kind digital grants. These two grants allowed access to software and programs that help us manage the nonprofit. Also, digital ads credit to promote our mission on search engines.
Another grant was the Airbnb Social Impact partnership, which allows us to offer community-based Experiences and pay no Airbnb fees. PayPal also included us in their PayPal nonprofit grant, which covers the transaction fees.
We began our season in April, including a Mexico City national competition. Seven athletes supported by Oax Sport participated in this critical event, leading our prominent athlete, Juana Cruz, to qualify for the UTMB Mexico in Puerto Vallarta.
Local and national participation followed, and we concluded the season in Veracruz by participating in the half and total marathon races.
We supported 10 athletes with race fees, apparel, accommodation, transportation, management, and publicity.
We participated in 6 national events in 4 different Mexican states and many other locals in Oaxaca. Many of the events were part of world series or international affiliations. Such as the Federation of Mexican Athletics Associations, ITRA, UTMB World Series, and Golden Trail International Series.
Volunteer Corporate Directors
- Diana Garcia, Public Relations & Creativity
- Fahad Hizam, Business Development
- Eddi Perez, Athletic Director
- Fabiola Chávez León, Editor
- Hernan Luis, Indigenous Community Liaison
- Geraldine María Trujillo Cordova, Writer
- Roberto García García, MD, Sports Medicine Physician
- Alexander Guerrero, Paid Digital Advertising Specialist
- Anthony Ross, Consultant and Advisor
- Emma Francey, Content Writer
Athletes who received direct financial or in-kind support in 2022
- Rosalino Meneses Lopez
- Juana Cruz Garcia
- Felipe Arellanes Ruiz
- Luis Fabian Santiago
- Juan Zurita Victoria
- Roque Luis Garcia
- Francisco Soriano Guzman
- Luis Antonio Palacios
Athletic competitions where we participated in 2022
- Trail de La Mixteca
- Cerro Negro
- Acreimex Half-Marathon
- Veracruz Marathon
- Puerto Vallarta By UTMB
- Desierto de los Leones
2022 Goals and Achievements
- Support new athletes
- Ten athletes in total received support, 7 of them for the first time
- Go to new events
- Six national participations and many locals, 3 of the nationals for the first time
- Reach to extended Oaxacan communities.
- Reached and supported three athletes from extended zones in the Mixteca region.
- Create a new source of income.
- Running tours and collaborating with Airbnb to host Social Impact Experiences
- Receive grants
- Received three grants. Microsoft Digital Grant. Google AdWords Grant. Airbnb Social Impact Grant.
- Incorporate Oax Sport in Mexico as a nonprofit organization
- Support more Oaxacan athletes
- Participate in more national and local events
- Promote the running tours and have a steady source of income other than donations
- Offer cultural and language camps at no cost
We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity based in Texas. We support local athletes from the small communities of Oaxaca, Mexico. Your support helps us provide training, education, and sports activities. Please support our charity by donating directly through PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/4512289
Please reach out to us for collaboration, sponsorship, grants, donations, and media.
Oax Sport Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Therefore, all donations to Oax Sport Inc. are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. To obtain a copy of our IRS designation letter, please get in touch with us. Our tax identification number is 86-3407818.
Images from 2022 Competitions
2022 Media Coverage