Learn about Anthony Ross, Consultant and Advisor at Oax Sport. His expertise propels the mission of nurturing Oaxaca athletes onto bigger stages. Explore his multi-faceted role, success stories, and tips on staying ahead in the sports industry.
Greeting and Introduction to Trail Running:
– Hi, Roque! Tell us, how did you get into trail running and what drew you to this sport?
Roque: The arid and mountainous geography of my hometown, its steep paths, are a great training ground. I found the adrenaline it gave me exhilarating, and since then, I’ve enjoyed every sensation with each step. It’s easy for me to train in trail running because of the adrenaline and feelings you experience while running through my hometown’s trails. The mountains in Güilá have helped improve my endurance and strength skills.
Life in San Pablo Güilá, Oaxaca:
– How has your hometown influenced your career as a trail athlete? Do you have a favorite route there?
Roque: I’ve enjoyed every route in Güilá; each day offers something different: a sunrise, the chirping of wild birds, the echo of the mountains, or just the landscape and the peace it gives me. Each workout pushes my body and mind to the limit.
– What led you to join Oax Sport? How does your vision align with the team’s mission?
Roque: Joining Oax Sport was unexpected but something I’m grateful for. It was my passion for running that made me join when taking the big trip to run the ‘Pescado de Moctezuma’ Relay Race. Oax Sport has helped me a lot in all aspects. It’s good to feel part of a community where solidarity and camaraderie are values. We all share a passion for sport and seek to promote the sporting spirit.
Preparation and Training:
– How do you prepare for a significant race? Any special training or diet you can share?
Roque: The coach and CITFRO clinic always keep an eye on me. But when a competition is near, the workouts become more intense. CITFRO’s therapy sessions help me give my best and prevent injuries.
Competitions and Challenges:
– What has been your most memorable competition and why?
Roque: One of the competitions that changed my life is the COBAO intercollegiate at the state level. It gave me a new perspective on the sport and myself. Since then, I’ve trained more consistently, aiming to improve every day.
Support and Companionship in Oax Sport:
– How has your experience been with other athletes and Oax Sport staff?
Roque: Everyone on the Oax Sport team is admirable. They always give me reasons to continue my athletic career. I’m deeply thankful and respect them greatly; they’re a crucial part of my athletic career.
Inspiration and Motivation:
– What keeps you motivated and inspired in your career as a trail runner? Any athlete or person who has inspired you along your journey?
Roque: My family and friends have always supported and believed in me. They’re proud of me because they see the dedication I put in, which motivates me to give my best in every workout and competition.
Tips for Aspiring Trail Runners:
– What advice would you give to those interested in getting started in trail running?
Roque: Always look on the bright side; it’s a sport that should be enjoyed. Give your best as this is a sport where the body is pushed to the limit. Enjoy the process; every step is worth it.
Future with Oax Sport and in Trail Running:
– What are your future plans and goals with Oax Sport and in your career as a trail runner?
Roque: If Oax Sport continues to trust me to be part of their great team, I will always give my best in every competition. This way, more people will know what Oax Sport really is and continue to contribute so that we as athletes can have new experiences and help those who really need it.
Thank You and Farewell:
– Anything else you’d like to say or thank your followers, Oax Sport, or the sports community in general?
Roque: I will always be thankful to everyone who makes up Oax Sport; without them, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I’m comforted to know I always have their support. I’m thankful for every word of encouragement; I’ll always give my best! Thank you! Xtyòsdû
– Thank you for your time, Roque! We wish you the best in your career!